The Wine Shed LTD
Terms and Conditions of Business and Use
Last updated 29th July 2019
As a user of our website, and when making a purchase from The Wine Shed, you acknowledge that you do so under these terms and conditions. We hope you will agree that they are designed to be fair to you and to us. We may change these from time to time by updating this page.
- Warranties: We warrant that the wines will be of good quality and fit for their general purpose. However wine is an agricultural product and whilst our producers go to ridiculous lengths to ensure the quality of their product, its condition can never be 100% guaranteed. There are a number of issues wine can be susceptible to. For this reason if you are not happy with the quality of your wine please contact email@example.com as soon as you have opened the wine and become dissatisfied with its condition. We will be in touch to remedy the situation the next working day.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order. Title will pass on delivery of the products, provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these terms and conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction. Here are our details should you want to contact us:
- The Wine Shed Ltd
- Stydd Gardens
- Stoneygate lane
- PR3 2YQ
- Availability – Wine is an agricultural product and runs out from time to time. If you order a case of wine and some of the products are out of stock we will replace them with equal or higher value wines. We will always you to make recommended replacements or advice you when your original choice will be back in stock.
- Customer satisfaction – If you are dissatisfied with our performance in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01254 366333. At The Wine Shed, we aim to deal with all enquiries fairly, confidentially and quickly. We will acknowledge your contact within 24 hours. We try to resolve most issues immediately, but where this is not possible, we will keep you informed about progress until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved. We are continually improving our service, but if you have any particular ideas or suggestions about how we can improve, please send them to: email@example.com
- We will not sell wine to anyone who isn’t 18 years old or over. When you register your details you will be required to enter a valid date of birth to confirm you are 18 years old or older. By placing an order you also confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are buying a case of wine as a gift – the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
- If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. If the person receiving the wine is unable to produce appropriate ID, unfortunately our couriers will be unable to leave the wine.
Prices and payment
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling, and may be per product or per case, as marked. The prices include Value Added Tax, unless otherwise specified. Any delivery charges are additional.
- We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard and PayPal and Amex.
- Where a particular product is part of a pre-mixed case with a general discount applied, the discounted price for the case is relative to the non-discounted prices for the constituent wines.
- We reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
Delivery and Returns
- Where we deliver: We will deliver your wine to anywhere in the United Kingdom except for the Channel Islands (this does include Northern Ireland, the Highlands, Scottish islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles).
- Delivery timescales:
- Standard delivery – Our delivery is £7.99 per order to a single address. Standard delivery is a next working day service for all orders placed before 4pm, however there are a few exceptions which are shown in clause C below.
- Please note that at certain times (such as Christmas) the cut off time required for next working day delivery may change. Any changes will be shown on the website.
- Orders placed after 4pm on Thursday and before 4pm on Saturday will be delivered on the following Monday.
- Orders placed after 4pm on Saturday and before 4pm on Monday will be delivered on Tuesday.
- If you order 2 or more cases, they may not be delivered at the same time, but the delivery charge will stay the same.
- Our courier delivers Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm. During the festive period our couriers may deliver up to 8pm.
- Orders containing spirits: Please note that for orders containing spirits we ask that deliveries are signed for (at your home, work or other convenient address). Delivery timescale exceptions:
- Please allow 72 hours for delivery to:
- Scotland and Scottish Isles: AB30-31, 33-38, 41-45, 51-56, 63; DD8-10; FK1, 3, 8, 17-21, HS1-9; IV21; IV1-11, 10-28, 30-32, 36, 40-56, 63; KA27-28; KW1-3, 5-17; PA20-49, 49-88; PH10-11, 13-26, 30-44, 49, 50; PA44; PH41-44, TR21-25; ZE1-3
- Isle of Man: All postcodes IM1-9
- Northern Ireland: BT22, 24-25, 29-35, 37-40, 43-49, 51-58, 60-71, 74-82, 92-94
- We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control such as, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, fire, flood, storm or Act of God, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider in connection with the performance of this Agreement.
- Please allow 72 hours for delivery to:
- “Spend £150 and get Free Delivery”:
- Customers qualify for Free Delivery when spending over £150 in a single transaction to a single address and is based on our Standard Delivery option.
- If you select a different delivery option you will receive the cost of our Standard delivery (£7.99) deducted from your order and the difference will be charged.
- Damages and breakages:
- In the event that any of the products in your order are damaged, please let us know within 30 days.
- Where the order is a single product item we will send out a replacement free of charge.
- Incorrect products:
- In the event that any of the products in your order are incorrect, please let us know within 30 days.
- Where the order is a single product item we will collect the incorrect item and then once we have confirmed receipt of that item we will send the correct replacement free of charge. Delivery of the replacement product should take place within 7 working days of you notifying us regarding the incorrect item.
- You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever at any time up to dispatch notification.
- In order to cancel your order you must, notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or inaccurately described goods. Further information about your rights is available from your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau. If you have any queries regarding delivery please call us on 01254 866333.
If you have a voucher to redeem against the purchase of wine, the following terms and conditions apply, and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
- You must be over 18 to redeem the voucher.
- Vouchers are non-transferable, may not be sold at auction and have no cash alternative.
- Vouchers may be redeemed in The Wine Shed against any purchase retail or from the bar.
- Vouchers can be used as part or full payment online.
- We reserve the right to withdraw The Wine Voucher scheme, should this happen existing vouchers will of course be honored.
- Corporate Definition: A corporate order is an order where the corporate customer orders 1 or more cases on the same order or places an order/s of an amount via our corporate sales team.
- Delivery Address(es): Where an order(s) contain(s) goods to be delivered to more than one delivery address, it is the responsibility of the corporate customer placing the order(s) to ensure that all delivery address(es) provided to The Wine Shed are correct. If goods are delivered to an incorrect address(es) as a result of incorrect information provided by the corporate customer, The Wine Shed will not take responsibility for this and the corporate customer will be charged for the cost of replacement goods and the cost of delivering the replacement goods to the correct address(es).
- Payment: We accept payment from corporate customers by Visa, Mastercard, Amex, PayPal, bank transfer and cheque. In the case of payment by bank transfer and cheque the order(s) will only be shipped when cleared funds have been received in Virgin Wines bank account.
For information about our Cookies – click here.
We use secure servers with state-of-the-art encryption and secure sockets layer (SSL) technology for the transfer of credit card information. Additionally, we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally.
It is your responsibility to protect your password from being disclosed to any third party.
Intellectual Property Rights
You agree and acknowledge that we own or are licensed to use all copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in and to all parts of this web site, and to the business of The Wine Shed Ltd, the structure, design and layout of the web site and the styles of the wines.
You are entitled to use our web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions only. You must obtain our prior written consent before you use our web site or any part of it in any other manner.
All persons, individual and corporate, are prohibited from providing hypertext or other links to The Wine Shed Ltd web site, other than to our home page, from their own web site or from a third party’s web site, without our prior written consent.
Limitation of liability
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude The Wine Shed’s liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
- loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
- loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers.
Subject to Clause 10a we will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling of our products. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages.
Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
- Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken.
- Sparkling wines and champagnes can be volatile due to the build-up of gases, extra care should be taken when opening these.
Here at The Wine Shed we are only happy when our customers are happy we strive in every way possible both in The Wine Shed and Online to provide a first class service.
If we fall short of this in anyway please don’t hesitate to let us know by any of the methods below and we will do our damndest to put things right quickly!
You can contact us in any of the following ways;
By email to: email@example.com
By phone: 01254 366333
The Wine Shed
You can message us on Facebook via our page; https://www.facebook.com/thewineshedstydd/