Le Plan des Moines Chateauneuf du Pape 2016

Le Plan des Moines Chateauneuf du Pape 2016

£39.95

5 in stock

A well structured Chateauneuf du Pape with aromatic complexity and expression which follows through to the end. Perfect!!

5 in stock

Category:

Description

 

 

The Le Plan des Moines Estate is owned by three friends with almost sixty years combined experience in the Wine Trade. It was created in 2011 when the first vineyard was created between Remoulins and Avignon.  All the wines from the Estate are vinified and bottled at the property. The original soil type, large pebbles and sand soil that is the make-up of the North Eastern facing terrace, enhances the Grenache’s fruit.

All the  grapes are manually harvested, de-stemmed and put into tanks with a light sulphur doses. Fermentation takes place with  skin contact (3 to 5 weeks) at a temperature of 22 / 23°C with soft extractions and a regular work of the lees. Following pneumatic pressure, blending of free run wine and press wine, the wine is  matured for 18 months,  partly in oak barrel (30%) and the other part, traditionally matured in a tank (70%).

A beautiful red colour with red reflection, this sumptuous Wine has rich aromas of Raspberry and Blackberry with a hint of Black Liquorice and  an expression of Brandy, Cherry,  Paprika and Nutmeg. Flavoursome  notes of fresh red fruits  with fine Tannins are complemented with a long structural length.

The aromatic complexity of this Wine allows it to blend perfectly  with Red Meat dishes, Game, Lamb and Strong Blue Cheeses.

Additional information

ABV%

14.50%

Bottle Size

75cl

Closure

Cork

Colour

Red

Country

France

Food Match

Beef, Blue Cheese, Game, Lamb

Grape

cinsault 10%, Grenache 80%, Mourvèdre 10%

Producer

Le Plan des Moines

Region

Rhône

Type

Still

Year/Vintage

2016

Go to Top